Quantcast

New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

123

New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Cubaian
This post was updated on .
Read at Green Screen of this new site Cubaamor Canada. http://cubaamor.ca  Looks like it is just starting but looks a lot like the old Cubaamor/Cubamania site Cupid ran.  Not sure what the tone is going to be over there yet. It is not found on search engines yet so I imagine it is still in the development stages. Certainly one alternative to the self proclaimed Cubaamor.com replacement site Cubaamor.org and cats!  LOL   Shows promise.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

annina
The .org site seems to have turned into exactly what it wasn't supposed to be, with a good portion of the membership (divorced women close to, or over 40, with cats) endlessly rehashing their failed relationship - what a cliche.

Interesting to see how this one shapes up, and who is running it.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Cubaian
This post was updated on .
This new site looks great, just lacks active posting members presently. As far as who is running it, good question.  Whoever it is, they seem to know a lot about the different sites out here and the history so my bet is it is people from either the Cubamania et al or CA .org members.

Yes the .org site has turned into what you described.  Unfortunately one wonders if that was what ca.com was really all about too in the end. At ca.com there were about maximum 18 regular posters active, the rest were read only. Out of that 18 about 8 were shit disturbers of the status quo.  They just went from one argument to the next hashing the same old same old over and over again. It got boring and the board had imploded on itself.  New members didn't stand a chance there with the mind frame of the old guard. This .org site picks up where that very old crap left off and added autonomy and cats into the mix.

You know what they say about middle aged women with cats don't you !  http://abcnews.go.com/2020/cat-ladies/story?id=9033354&tqkw=&tqshow=2020 then there is this ..... http://boingboing.net/2010/08/23/creep-unaware-of-vid.html

Well just learned I have joined the ever expanding list of the banned at .org a reason for the banning was not given nor expiration. Interestingly enough the only statement I ever made on that site was in the shoutbox atthe top of the home page when someone had mentioned the Cuba Amor Canada as a "new site" failing to give a location and another member asked where it was located and nobody would tell them. So I shouted the hyper I got from the green screen.  Well that was late last night, this morning I go there and I am banned! I am now getting error message below:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, because of high stress on the server, this feature is currently unavailable.

Stats:

Total Time Spent Online:9 hours and 32 minutes.
Total Posts:0 posts
Total Topics Started:0 topics
Number of Polls Created:0 polls
Number of Votes Cast:0 votes

Banned

That is what is soooooo wrong with .org and its owner/admin/webmaster Anidea, we all know that would NEVER happened at ca.com or cubamania.com moderated or otherwise. Cupid was never that insecure.  I wonder why Anidea and Yacobe would be so challenged by a new site? So much for free speech.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

all4cuba007
I was banned as well from ca.org.  Oh well, you are completely correct what you said about that site.  If you did not agree with the moderators you would be banned.  As far as I am concerned, as long as you do not directly attack someone on the forum then there should be no reason to ban for just simply stating your views!

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

all4cuba007
Oh yeah, and btw I am 40 with a cat and a Cuban husband....;)

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

annina
So, four people (five, if you count me, since my membership has been so severely restricted it may as well be a banning) banned in what - six months? I don't think that many members were banned the entire time the old CA was up, which I know was at least 7 or 8 years.

What I wonder is why everyone complains privately, but continues to post there. They can't ban everyone, so people should either speak up publicly, or just leave the site.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Holguin
I wouldn't let it bother you much all things considered.  There is the new forum, I joined and although it looks nicely set up there hasn't been anyone posting for some reason ? It doesn't come up on search engines either so that might be the problem. It looks a lot like the old Cubamania with Cubaamor included.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

annina
I'm waiting to see how the new site shapes up. I would like to know who started it, and if it is really "EL YUMA' who's been posting on .org, I'm not sure it's the right place for me either.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Holguin
I do not know who this El Yuma is?

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

all4cuba007
I have zero desire to ever participate on the cubaamor.org site ever again if my ban is lifted.  I feel bad for anyone MOC'd but sometimes I wonder what their significant others side of the story is... b/c let me tell you, I know if I was a victim of an MOC I sure as hell would not continue on a forum about Cuba/Cuban relations, I would want that part of my life to be long gone.  Fine, if you want to let people be aware, but to actually start a site about Cuba and you have nothing to do with Cuba anymore, give me a break, let it go for God sake.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Holguin
That is what I cannot understand about the .org site either. People need to think outside the box, step back and take a look at their big picture.  When do the words moving on come on the canvas.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

annina
Time will tell . . .

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Dr. J
I think if someone has an underage child with an ex-MOC partner (especially if all live in the same country outside of Cuba, and a custody/child support arrangement is involved) it's hard to just let it go and move on to the degree that a single self-supporting childless victim of marriage fraud would.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

annina
I can think of only one regular member on .org who has a child with their former Cuban partner.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Dr. J
Yeah, but I don't think any of the others have been separated or divorced for very long.  Most are probably still also in the financial recovery stage.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

all4cuba007
I know many women here in Canada who are single mothers and have no financial support by their ex husband/partner.  And really, the financial obligation is not that bad compared to a major divorce from a non-foreigner it seems much worse, the Cuban usually just walks away and continues their life, a Cdn. husband or wife will screw you for everything you own!

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

annina
Again, I can't think of any regular member who is recently separated or in financial difficulty. Most have been separated for at least a year, and I know one regular member makes six figures, and another close to it.

All4cuba, you need to get it right: there is absolutely nothing worse in the world than being defrauded by a Cuban. Nothing else compares, not the loss of a child, not sexual assault - after all, fraud is emotional rape! - a "regular" divorce is not even in the same universe (and how dare you suggest that it is - which also makes you abusive, BTW).

Such nonsense.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

mscarda
I was reinstated, but never posted again. I lurked there a couple of times but nothing has changed, same old, same old. Cats and bittys LOL.

I checked out the new site, first impression for me is that Holguin put it up.
Shake it like a polaroid picture!

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

Holguin
I'm a member at CA.ca and looks like I am the only posting so far. I asked the admin if I could post music links like I use to at ca.com and was told not unless I owned the copyright :>(  ... so I started by contributing some info for others that is current and useful about Cuba. The board appears done by someone who's been a member of the various Cuba forums. Not worried for it however, I feel it has good potential if membership picks up and people start posting and using it to share their travel experiences.

Re: New Site - Cuba Amor Canada

annina
Ms. Carda, I share your impressions ;)
123